Thursday, February 23, 2012

I'm a failure

As I knew I was going to be near the shop today, I decided I was going to go into gamestop and buy The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. For those unfamiliar with the game, its a massive open world fantasy adventure game featuring globlins and glorcs and misty mountains and forbidden woods and ye olde pints of mead and all that sort of rubbish.

It's such a huge game that you can ignore the main storyline and just go on exciting quests, get married, take jobs, earn money, buy houses etc Basically all the things I can't do in real life. It was this fact I had decided to play on and apply my trademark witty banter with the shop assistant as I purchased the game.

I had planned to say "Huh, at least I might get a job in this (referring to the content of the game I was buying), I can't get one in real life!!!!!!!!(playing humorously, and with a hint of self deprecation, on the current economic climate and the effect it is having on the youth of today. There is also a whole other layer to this, the very fact I'm buying a video-game shows how I'm filling my time with pointless things as I slide gently into depression caused by a lack of reason and direction)"

Yeah, sure, it's nerdy and a bit clumsy, but my banter with the gamestop shop assistants is usually legendary.

Alas, today was not my finest hour. As I exchanged the game for my easily earned cash, I panicked and shouted "I MIGHT GET A JOB" The shop assistant politely said "that's good, enjoy the game" and I left.

HE DIDN'T GET THE CONTEXT, IT WAS RELATED TO THE GAME I WAS BUYING. IT WAS WITTY!

It's a good game though.

No comments:

Post a Comment