Friday, May 11, 2012

Great big melting pot.

I was in class the other day, one of my older classes who can actually speak a little English, and their Chinese teacher asked me to the comparative degree with them. I quickly Googled this as I didn't know what it was. It's comparing shite, obviously, I could have guessed. Anyway I divided the class into groups and got them to work on a list of examples.

A great deal of people in China hate the Japanese, the same way we are supposed to hate the English. One of the groups made a whole list comparing the Chinese to the Japanese, with the Chinese coming out on top in each case. "Chinese people are stronger than Japanese people" etc etc

After a list of 10 of these they included

"Chinese and Japanese have the same yellow races's people"

It's funny when they call themselves yellow.

I would never do it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment