Friday, March 26, 2010

I don't want to be on the telly but...

...I just want to write a humorous column in a weekend broadsheet newspaper, please will somebody give me a job writing a humorous column in a weekend broadsheet newspaper or even the life style supplement. I'll take a humorous and sideways look at something going on in my own life or in the media, I don't mind I just want to write a humorous column in a weekend broadsheet newspaper(or the lifestyle supplement)I'll even write for the Evening Heralds' Thursday pull out supplement. Please, I will take a satirical look at Ireland's nouveau riche in the post celtic tiger age for the Independents' life magazine or a hilarious look at at a clueless culchie's night out in Temple Bar for the Herald! Downloading killing the Irish music industry? How about looking at it from the other side! Man who runs the times Ticket magazine, give me a call! The property crash, the government, facebook, the ipad, the late late, anorexia, jedward, ryanair, the dole ques, the decling influence of the catholic church in Ireland, Mary Harney, humorous, satirical, sideways glance,......

Please, I just want to write a humorous column in a weekend broadsheet newspaper.

1 comment:

  1. You could also invent a character representing one of those archetypes mentioned and write an entire column from their point of view, one which sends up the overall emptiness of that particular lifestyle but can't hide the fact that the author desperately wants to live that way.

    ReplyDelete