Monday, March 22, 2010

The Greatest Boast I Have Ever heard!!!

This really came up in conversation. I wasn’t part of the conversation but I over heard it. I wish I was in a situation where I could say this, or I had friends who would be impressed by it. Actually not really, I cant imagine what it would be like to spend time with people who would be impressed by this. Anyway here it is……………..

Deep Breath


”An uncle of mine once ate 13 potatoes….and they weren’t baby boiled ones either”

Read it again

”An uncle of mine once ate 13 potatoes….and they weren’t baby boiled ones either”

Again

”An uncle of mine once ate 13 potatoes….and they weren’t baby boiled ones either”

I could include the context but I don’t want to. Just remember it was 100% free of irony. And the folks he told were in awe.

I think I'm going to explode. I'm so happy I got to witness this moment.

2 comments:

  1. There are many many amazing aspects to this story. Like how did word get out? The man who ate the potatoes must have been very proud of himself for word to spread to his nephew. Did he ring around his whole family? "hello how are you nice weather I ATE 13 POTATOES TODAY". I like to picture the man having his dinner and the wife just casually placing more spuds on his plate, but when he got to spud six she was like "something big is going on here get the neighbours in" and slowly as he continued eating more and more potatoes, the kitchen started to fill up. Soon the whole house is full, the local press are here, a crowd has gathered on the lawn, a cry of
    "he is on spud 10" is heard, everybody gasps. Can this really be happening? Everyone in the kitchen is standing in a cirlce around the man, potatoes keep hitting the plate, his meat dish is long gone. Spud 11. Done. Spud 12. Done. Surely this cant go on. Spud 13 hits the plate. The crowd starts to chant "EAT IT, EAT IT" He doesnt even peel it, he stopped that at spud 8. He slices, he butters, he eats. But then he slowly rasies his hand. No more. The crowd cheer, both with joy at what they just witness, but with a tinge of sadness. It is over. It will never happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can actually see this being played out in my head. the looks of amazement and seriousness on those two lads faces as they desribed the story. even the hint of jealousy is present haha. great story. great blogs man

    ReplyDelete